Striker II – Laser control issues 25 June 2007Posted by David Wilson in USB Missile.
Resolved – sort of.
If you have had problems with the USB Missile Launcher NZ software and the Striker II laser not working correctly, I think I have a solution.
The issue lies with the default preference settings and how they are interpreted by the program. The easy fix for this is to remove or change the preference settings so that the software does not think duplicate launchers exist. Follow the instructions below:
- Run the launcher software
- Go to preferences
- select the launcher icon
- Change Launcher 3 (or Launcher 1) setting of Vendor ID and Product ID both to 0 (zero). err, so that I make that clearer, I’ll explain again…
- –> launcher 1 should have vendor ID of 4400 and Product ID of 514 with laucher type of Striker II
- –> launcher 3 should have vendor ID of 0 and Product ID of 0 and we don’t care about the launcher type.
- Click the apply button
- Quit the program
- rerun the program and test laser
This evening I have also fixed an issue regarding control of the original launcher. After some testing, release 1.4.8 should be out soon.
Included with the 1.4.8 distribution will be a script that can be imported into “Sofa Control” – this means that you can use your apple remote to control the launcher!