USB Missile Launcher – Video Support – Alpha Release 14 October 2006Posted by David Wilson in General.
Version 1.4 alpha (yes, only an alpha release at this stage). It is stable, I don’t know if I’m happy with the interface, size, position, and the way it is working. Best way to figure this out is to release what I have and get feedback.
The release notes are as follows:
1.4 1 Oct06 Added Video Camera Support
- initial alpha release integrated Quartz Composer video stream
- this build now uses source code from Apple (WhackedTV) as video source
- Video stream (on screen display only at this stage) incorporates Gun Sight target
- Video Stream can be recorded
- You can use Video Settings to change your video source (works with iSight, built-in iSight, Firewire DV Cameras)
- Note: you cannot reopen the video window after you have closed it. You need to stop and restart the program
- Note: testing with 10.5 Leopard (build 10.5 (9A241e) has revealed some USB driver issues this is yet to be investigated
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
And yes as noted above I have tested the USB Missile Launcher on the developer release of 10.5. There seems to be a USB driver issue, so if you are playing in this area you have been warned.
Plecase click on the download link in the sidebar for the latest release.