TrafficCamNZ – update – version 1.2.2 30 August 2009Posted by David Wilson in USB Missile.
Tags: Camera, conditions, image, iPhone, monitoring, nz, traffic, trafficcam, trafficcamnz, URL, Web
An updated version of TarfficCamNZ has been submitted to the iPhone application store for approval. This new release adds new features and some bug fixes to stop potential application crashes.
- Fixed potential memory leaks with image handling
- Found and fixed an issue in iPhone OS 3.0 where some uninitialised fields would cause an Application crash when refreshing images (or starting the App). This may or may be not fixed as it seems to occur when restoring a 3.0 backup from an iPhone 3G to an iPhone 3GS. If you continue to have problems, you may been to delete the Application from the iPhone and let iTunes reinstall it when you sync.
- New Feature: [you must have e-mail setup for this to work] Added to the Preferences screen the ability to e-mail an xml file of cameras to any e-mail address
- New Feature: [you must have e-mail setup for this to work] The main screen now has an Action button (Top Left) – this will set up an email message for you containing the current traffic picture – add the destination e-mail address and tap send. The camera URL is included in the e-mail so that those receiving your message can refresh for themselves what you are looking at
- Implemented a work around for an issue that could trigger an image receipt failure and success for the same image meaning the application would crash